PUBLICATION GUIDELINES (revised 6/2016)
1) Submissions of 500-1000 words about a challenging issue within, or impinging upon, higher education are welcome in any of the following formats:
a short position paper
a short TED-style video
a debate-format piece in which two authors articulate opposing viewpoints.
2) Submissions should address a values issue in a rich and complex way that enables readers to better articulate their own views.
3) Submissions should be framed in a way that fosters discussion and debate.
4) Submissions can acknowledge the political impact of a values issue, but they should not explicitly endorse the political views of any one political party or political candidate.
EDITORIAL PROCESS revised 6/2016
- Submissions should be emailed to Fiona Tolhurst at email@example.com.
- Submissions will be reviewed by two members of the FEVER editorial board.
- Notification of acceptance, revise and resubmit, or rejection will be sent via email within approximately 1 month of submission.
- An author will have 1 month to revise his/her submission.
- Accepted submissions will appear at the rate of 1 per month on the FEVER website.
What are some topics that a FEVER contribution might address?
* the economic and emotional complexities of the exploitation of the adjunct workforce
* the place of the humanities on the campuses of newer academic institutions
* the role of institutions of higher education in relation to the children of immigrants
* the place of faith-based student groups at institutions of higher education
Any questions about this publication can be sent to Fiona Tolhurst at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions to FEVER should be sent to the same address as email attachments.